We’re thrilled to welcome Maree Moscati, CEO of Copytalk, to In The Suite. Maree is an icon with experience and qualifications that ooze from her essence. Maree serves as CEO of Copytalk, a mobile scribe transcription service that makes documenting your important information faster and easier than ever before – you could say it’s as easy as a transcription with the touch of a button, which is one of the new technologies Maree patented with Copytalk.
She is a leader in the financial services industry with over 30 years of experience. She worked as a financial planner, then started coaching others as a Regional Sales Manager and later as a President and CEO in Wealth Management and Trust Services.
She holds FINRA Series 24, 7, & 63 licenses, and she carries the coveted Shared Assessments Certified Third Party Risk Professional (CTPRP) Certification which serves as a unique distinction to Copytalk in the transcription business; the award is rare for CEO’s and even rarer for female CEO’s. Maree is the 2018 recipient of the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award from the Bank Insurance and Securities Association and was inducted into their Hall of Fame in 2019.
As it turns out, finance was a second career for Maree. She first began in the fashion industry. Thirty years ago, Maree Moscati came to the financial services industry with a pen in one hand, and her trusty Franklin Planner in the other. Maree is a graduate of Laboratory Institute in New York City and completed all certified financial planner courses at Florida State University.
Her awards, accolades, and accomplishments are inspiring enough but the thing that sets her apart is her love for people. “You can’t fake empathy,” she tells us in the episode. In a world with COVID-19, you have to step it up even more. “You cannot fake caring about your people and making sure that you’re safe,” Maree says.
You can tell she cares about people with a large, caring heart. You can find her on the internal chat system morning, noon, night, paying attention to the needs of the employees. And it’s not only her employees that she cares about, she truly cares about customer experience.
In this episode, Maree shares with us the true power of documentation, not just for accountability or audits, but for creating connections where they wouldn’t otherwise be found. “Documentation is not just for the facts, it’s capturing those little details that may slip your mind,” Maree says.
It’s all about those unsaid things that show clients that you’re listening to them, that you care. And when it comes to caring, it’s not only them, but their family, or their goals and their dreams. “We have such an impact on people’s lives,” says Maree.
Copytalk has been making strides with Maree at the wheel since 2012. They have several integrations with other CRMs such as Redtail and Salesforce. They now have a rolling captions service that transcribes into 100 different languages. API integrations, macros, dashboards, it’s all happening. If your business needs transcription services, Copytalk is your new best friend.
Maree is the poster child for going all-in and finding something that ignites your passion. She is one of the most celebrated female leaders in financial services. She has had so much success and yet, that mountain was not an easy one to climb. In an industry dominated by men, it really is about empowering allies and lifting everyone up, men and women alike.
It would mean so much if you left us a five-star review on Apple, Spotify, or Google wherever you listen to this amazing episode with Maree.
Whether she’s working with a financial advisor, an auditor, or her live transcriptionists, in-house customer success team, development team, and IT team, and to other women in financial services, she is truly a servant of all people In The Suite. Don’t miss Maree’s tips throughout the episode as she’s filled with considerate tips on how to be a better person to employees, clients, and those around you. Here are three to get you started!
- Be a compassionate human. We’re living in a rough time that keeps people on the edge. “Be as compassionate and empathetic as you can, both to your peers, to your co-workers, to your team to your family, and friends, and even strangers,” says Maree.
- Listen. Maree talks about documentation for building better relationships in this episode. It’s all about listening to what people have to say, documenting your client meetings, and going that extra mile to show you care. You don’t have to buy fancy gifts or perform a song and dance to show that you genuinely care about a person.
- Tap into your true self. Be true to who you are and what you believe in. It’ll make you a better person because you’ll believe in yourself and what you are accomplishing. You can’t fake empathy, so it helps to understand what makes you tick so you can steer success in that direction.
Today’s episode of In The Suite with Maree Moscati, CEO of Copytalk, is an inspiring one that you won’t want to miss! Maree is a leader in the financial services industry with over 30 years of experience and is the poster child for going all-in and finding something that ignites your passion. In this episode, she has so much sage advice on how to be a better person and leader.
Maree is CEO of Copytalk, a mobile scribe transcription service that makes documenting your important information faster and easier than ever before. From CRM and API integrations to macros to fresh tech, Copytalk is making strides with Maree at the wheel.
Whether she’s working with a financial advisor, an auditor, her live transcriptionists, in-house customer success team, IT team, and to other women in financial services, she is truly a servant of all people In The Suite.
Maree is an icon with experience and qualifications that ooze from her essence. She holds FINRA Series 24, 7, & 63 licenses, has won coveted awards, and is one of the most celebrated female leaders in financial services. Maree is a proud mama and Soul Cycle fan! You won’t want to miss this valuable episode.
Join the conversation to hear about:
- Intro to Maree (0:50)
- How Maree started in the fintech industry (06:05)
- Bringing back the “keep it simple” mantra (12:50)
- Documentation is not just for facts, it’s for relationship building (18:00)
- Copytalk’s announcement for a helpful copyrighted template (25:50)
- New Copytalk projects: language transcription and closed captioning (28:40)
- The power of live transcriptionists (33:40)
- Building a collaborative and connected team environment (37:15)
- Voice recognition and Copytalk’s “operator” feature (43:05)
- Maree’s deep passion for the FinTech industry (48:55)
- Moving up the ranks in the financial world (53:00)
- The power of supporting men and women in the industry (55:15)
- What Maree’s superpower is (62:10)