Joining us today In The Suite is Danika Waddell. Danika is the President and Founder of Xena Financial Planning, a fee-only financial planning firm working with women in the tech industry and receiving equity compensation, typically in the early to mid-career stages.
In 2020, Danika Waddell felt called to make a bold move. She founded Xena Financial Planning, a fiduciary financial planning firm in Seattle, Washington, focused on helping them to take control of their financial lives. Specifically, Danika works with women and their partners in the early to middle stages of their careers to help them navigate whatever life delivers. And she does it through communication, conversations, and collaboration.
Xena Financial Planning welcomes clients of all backgrounds and aims to make financial planning more accessible to groups of people who the financial planning profession has typically underserved.
Xena FP is also a strong advocate of the LGBTQ community and works with clients of any gender identity or sexual orientation. Within the industry, they are constantly seeking ways to amplify the voices of women and people of color.
One of the many gifts you’ll discover about Danika Wadell in this episode is that building relationships matters. Danika’s relationships stem from her work in the financial planning process, she strives to educate and empower clients as we develop a collaborative relationship. And in this episode, we discuss community, conversation, the art of connections, real-life tips on aligning your values & more.
Tune in to the conversation to hear all about:
- (1:44) Taking your personal development to another level.
- (4:38) Realizing what your self-worth is truly about.
- (11:24) The beauty of community and leaning into one another.
- (12:56) Humble beginnings.
- (15:43) Reach personal goals, not just financial goals.
- (18:59) Differentiate your landscape.
- (21:38) The real questions to ask your clients.
- (23:33) Lay of the land: making good financial decisions.
- (34:53) Involvement in the industry.
- (37:04) Resonating with people & why it’s beneficial.
- (41:22) Get comfortable talking about money.
- (49:29) Align your values and you will go far.
- Xena Financial Planning
- Danika Waddell – LinkedIn
- Danika Waddell – Twitter
- Michael Kitces – The Past, Present & Future of Financial Advice with Patrick O’Shaughnessy
- Association for African American Advisors
- Amazon Smile
Tags: Tina PowellDanika WadellIn The SuiteXena Financial PlanningWomen In Tech