It is an absolute joy to welcome Amy Butell In The Suite. Amy wears many hats. She’s a ghostwriter, author, editor, consultant, and meditation teacher.
Amy is CEO of Lake Effect Creative, in which she ghostwrites for a collection of financial advisors who are too busy to write their own books. While she completely understands the work pressure the industry comes with, she truly believes that as the pace of change quickens, the time is now to share your story and inspire others in the process.
As a result of her 20 years of experience, she’s launched her own books, ebooks, and workbooks, in which she simplifies the overwhelming processes of writing your own. Her book “Get Your Book Done in This Lifetime: The Financial Advisor’s Guide to Writing a Book” and workbook “The Start Your Book In A Weekend” are one of her most recognized works.
In her podcast, Amy explains how the concept of books has modernized. She describes how books now contain QR codes and links to videos to make them an interactive experience.
Her podcast talks about the benefits and opportunities that ghostwriting brings, the importance of having a retirement plan, practical tips on taking the time to write, how her writing services can take a load off a client’s chest, and, of course, the benefits of meditation.
Oh, for those who don’t know, she teaches meditation at Kadampa Meditation Center Washington, DC, when she’s not writing!
Find the highlights from our conversation with Amy below:
- Welcome Amy!
- About ghostwriting in the financial services (00:56)
- About the complexity in the financial language (03:59)
- You can borrow for college, but not for retirement (08:25)
- Why ghostwrite? (10:30)
- Amy’s services (15:30)
- How to create time to write your book (26:31)
- Tips on how to curate your content for the beginning of a book (33.31)
- Amy’s backstory (39:53)
- The practice of meditation (41:42)
- Having a positive intention (48:52)
- Amy’s Contact details (54:45)
- Book recommendation (55:13)
- Amy’s Website: Lake Effect Creative
- Follow Amy on Twitter
- Connect with Amy on LinkedIn
- Follow Amy on Instagram
- Link to “Get Your Book Done In this Lifetime” EBook
- “Get Your Book Done in This Lifetime: The Financial Advisor’s 5-Step Guide to Writing a Book that Boosts Your Business” by Amy Buttell on Amazon